Job Status: Closed
We are a fast growing Sacco with our Head Office based in Kerugoya town in Kirinyaga County.
We invite applications from qualified, result oriented and experienced persons to fill the positions below:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of the operations of the Internal Audit department.
- Ensures that policies and procedures for the internal audit function are adhered to.
- Influencing, creating and improving internal controls systems throughout the Society.
- Assessing the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and compliance with set policies.
- Preparation, implementation and supervision of all audit programs.
- Conducting special investigations as may be required from time to time.
- Ensuring that audit trails are in place and thus all entries have supporting documents.
- Ensuring adherence to all financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Interprets and explains legislation, rules, regulations and procedures as applied and related to the auditing of programs and operations at the society to subordinate staff, management vendors, contracting agencies and others.
- Supervises auditing of all units and establishments of the society and determines scope of investigation required.
- Makes reports to management and the Board based upon reports and audits and recommends solutions to problems identified through audits.
- Liaises with departmental heads to ensure audit findings and recommendations are fully accepted and implemented.
- Promote a risk awareness culture at Sacco and enforce compliance to internal monitoring and control procedures.
- Consults with managements concerning audit findings and recommends improvements of management controls.
- Ensure operational compliance with strategic plans, international standards, statutes, by-laws etc.
- Ensure optimal utilization of society assets.
- Ensure safe custody of society’s assets.
- Liaises with the HR to handle the performance management; supervision and development of staff within the Internal Audit Department.
- Plans for and attends audit and Supervisory Committee meetings and writes their minutes as well as implementing their recommendations.
- Meet individual and organizational targets.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a minimum of C+ in KCSE, with C+ in both English and Mathematics.
- BCOM- Accounting Option or equivalent.
- CPA (K).
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting.
- Strong/excellent analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Good written/verbal communications skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Systems knowledge and familiarity.
- Ability to adopt to change quickly and to multi-task.
- Proven working experience of at least 5 years as an Internal Auditor.
- ICPAK Membership will be an added advantage.
- Minimum age of 35 years.
How to Apply
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
BINGWA SACCO LIMITED
P.O. BOX 434
Please Note Only the Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted.